Wednesday 24 February 2016

Meeting Stick Man

Last Tuesday I was on half term from my silversmithing class so I was able to catch up with my DD and Daisy. As it was a most glorious (if very chilly) day we decided to go to meet Stick Man. For those of you who are not familiar with this wonderful children's book it is by the same author and illustrator of The Gruffalo; Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.

The Forestry Commission are running a Stick Man activity trail until June all over England. Our nearest one is at Alice Holt Forest in Surrey and that is where we met.

We were greeted by glorious sunshine.
We met in the cafe first for a catch up over a warm drink.
There is a sweet activity bag to buy, but the trail is free
 I forgot to take a photo of the contents but there were colouring pages, and all sorts...even tree rubbing pages.

Daisy rode some of the trail in her buggy and walked the rest and yes...... 
she already has her own stick man, which was a late Christmas pressie. He got tucked up warm in her buggy.

The trail is very buggy friendly and it took us about an hour and a half to walk quite slowly whilst looking out for different signs.



 Lots of jumping took place
and sometimes Stick Man sat in the buggy and watched Daisy at play.
 Sometimes he joined in with the jumping.
We had a fabulous day together in such a beautiful forest setting.
When we reached the final spot
we met the huge Stick man.
When I got home I knew I had to make one of my Moment's for this visit.  Over at More than Words challenge their theme is Wonderful and Sparkle so I used this as the theme for my Moment.
I chose this lovely photo of Daisy with her Stick Man and die cut it with my MB stitched rectangle dies into 3 frames.
 I chose my bark and rays TH stencils to add lots of sparkly textures to represent our glorious sunny day.
 I used Wendy Vecchi's gold embossing paste for the bark and heated it to make it bubble for even more texture
 I added some yellow DP into Texture paste for the sun rays

and then I sprinkled glitter onto the rays (see later photos)
I chose some blue and green distress inks to create my "Forest" background.

I then put on my creative hat to make the following Moment.

I found a great Wendy Vecchi word stamp........

I tried to capture the sparkle of the sunshine with the glitter which as always is so difficult to photograph...irl it is very sparkly.
I coloured a Dusty Attic tree chippie and added glitter and Remnant rub words.

It was indeed a wonderful day

I would like to enter my Moment into the following fun challenges


More than words  Wonderful and Sparkle

Mixed media world  love is in the air
Sweet Stamping 1/3 glitter and sparkle I have stamped and embossed my magic words.
Creative Inspirations 2/3 anything goes with a sketch option
That Craft Place 2/anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday Inspired by a song Mine has to be the Beatles "Here comes the sun"...and yes I bet you can't stop humming that now ;0)
Simon says stamp Wednesday  1/5 anything goes

I love the times I share with my darling girlies and my Moment allows me to remember the 
glorious sunshine day we shared when we met Daisy's beloved Stick Man. Magical times indeed.

Thanks for stopping by.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

26 comments:

  1. Wow you have certainly been inspired but LOTS of challenges !!! Great photos of a memorable day and you have scrapped it superbly. Thanks so much for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 'moment' and the story behind it...wonderful in every way...memories to treasure to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely outing with your daughter and little Daisy! And so lovely to see how it inspired your Moment too. It is so special to keep these treasured memories to look at later and to show Daisy too as she grows up. Have a happy week, Jane.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jane,

    What a fabulous post!
    These pictures are darling and we learn so much about popular culture by following in your footstep, I love it! Daisy is so adorable with her stickman doll and your moment showcases that sweet picture beautifully!
    Thank You!

    xx

    ReplyDelete


  5. That looks like a fun adventure! I'll have to look up "Stick Man" as I'm not familiar with the story. Have a great week--mine is flying by, as usual when on vacation.

    Jane T


    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous memento of a wonderful day out at Alice Holt, love the super cute photo of Daisy with her stick man. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week and I do hope you'll visit us again soon, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe I love how special Stick Man is to Daisy and that she has her own little Stick Man too.
    Memories are made of these days and you've captured it so well with your moment.
    I bet that little man goes to bed with her! So lovely. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah - stick man - what a brilliant story and what a charming post Jane - love it all - so glad you entered your page for countryview challenges too!! Big hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable layout. Like the background and the stamping! Lovely story behind it all! All the best from More Than Words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to get kids into nature and the countryside! Bet you had one very tired girl after all that fresh air xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I do like the page too it's fab!! Like the way you cut the photo into a series of little frames

      Delete
  11. You special project is indeed special and wonderful. I enjoyed all of your pictures too. Daisy is so lucky to have you!!!!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear Jane,

    What a lovely day you had, Daisy looks so happy! Stick Man is not that wellknown here, but we definitely could use something like that trail too for the children, what a brilliant way to spend time together! And your moment... <3<3<3

    Wishing you sunny days!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had an amazing day and such fun with Daisy. Love your memories page to go with it.
    hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I lovee the story behind this layout! What a day you had! Your layout is fabulous. Thanks for joining in at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jane, what a great fun post! We love Stick Man here too, but that park is amazing! Love the Stick Man stuffie, I would love one too! Beautiful memories in your moment, and such a treasure.
    xoxoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your page, nice techniques and little details to preserve the memories of such a lovely day !!
    Thank for very much for your entry at More than Words!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous way to remember your special day, Jane! I love it, and I'm sure Daisy will too, now and in the future! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun way to introduce Daisy to the forest, trees, nature and a gorgeous memory card. Well done. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, what a cool adventure to have taken together! We love stickman! Gorgeous memory keeping of such a special day too. Love all the inking, stamping and texture techniques. All the right elements, it's wonderful. Perfect for our challenge this week. Thanks for joining in the fun with the Sweet Stampin' girls for our 'Sparkle' challenge, so glad you did. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such fun memories, great photos, and amazing layout!

    Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin’ "Glitter & Sparkle Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jane, Such a Beautiful scrapbook page!! Love the texture and the colours are gorgeous!! Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  22. A gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful layout and you've incorporated so much detail...it's gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! Thank you for playing with us @ More than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your layout is so much fun... inspired by nature and such a sweet photograph! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x