Thursday 15 September 2016

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016 September..Jane's Journal card style

Phew what steaming weather we have enjoyed for the last few days here in the South. We're up to number 9 of  Tim's 12 tags and I must confess that although very clever technique wise, it was not one of my favourite of Tim's projects. He shared this technique in Creative Chemistry 103 so I had seen it in the summer.
Here is Tim's tag.
Yet again I struggled to find suitable stamps in my stash. I also only have bright coloured alcohol inks so I  decided to make a Christmas card. I need lots of stock for Dotty's as well as cards for my personal use this year. I went very off piste this month as I don't have many really solid stamps like Tim's man silhouette. I used my old trusty Visible Image Merry Christmas stamp as  I thought it might work with this technique.
 You will need to look at Tim's Blog here for the step by step but below is my version of the alcohol ink resist on Yupo paper. After getting the resist I decided to add a border of inks to my sentiment. I wanted a more floral organic feel rather than Tim's very masculine one.



I made a distress paint patina background
 and then added some more festive colours.

I then put everything together and below is my completed card.


I added a Cheery Lynn sleigh and holly sprig die cut and pink (yes very un me) holly berry gems and a little ribbon to finish everything off.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges.

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016 September
Simon Says Stamp Monday At the movies My Movie is Santa Claus the Movie
We love to create 2/2  anything mixed media goes
Penny Black and More 2/3  add a sentiment
The Ribbon Girl 3/3 September card challenge
Addicted to stamps and more anything goes
Everybody Art anything goes
Mod  Squad what's that you say
Christmas at Sweet stampin Christmas die cuts

Thanks for visiting me today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave. I would also like to warmly welcome my latest followers who have joined me on my creative journey. It's great to see you here.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. A glorious creation for our Add a Sentiment theme Jane, many thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I much prefer your version Jane, brighter and happier!!
    Have fun my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the moody colors in this card.. very different. Good job! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering our September card challenge Jane this is lovely

    Good luck... and I must have a catch up on your lovely blog!

    Anne x

    www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and beautifully designed. Good luck with all the card making for Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fab card full of interest. Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the background you created, super cool! Great Christmas card with that fabulous large sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interpretation of Tim's tag on this beautifully designed card! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the resist technique surrounding the Merry Christmas.
    Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite unique and your card really is smashing!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool artsy card! Thank you for joining us at ATSM !
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x