Sunday 21 May 2017

Dotty's Teahouse turns 1

Yesterday was the 1st birthday for Dotty's Teahouse, the vintage tearooms in Carshalton, where I sell my cards. I cannot believe that a whole year has gone by. I joined Dotty's as a seller on day 1 and I numbered up card 405 recently so gulp I have made and sold a lot of cards in 1 year.
As always the window display looked delightful and was in the style of WW2 as Dotty's was also supporting Dame Vera Lynn's charity for the day.


 Rebecca and her lovely team were all dressed up and looked ab fab...here is Rebecca on the right with Lesley her right hand rock and roll woman 😁


These ladies are all so lovely, always smiling...

A quick peep at my cards....


There was live entertainment...........

Such a fun atmosphere
Even the original Dotty, the vintage caravan made an appearance
I love being a small part of Dotty's and if you are ever near to Carshalton High Street do stop by. It is the most wonderful place to enjoy tea and cake..and lunch too!

You may have spotted in my very first photo today that there were 2 birthday cards in the window.  I made them both 😊.m.


The one on the right I gave to Rebecca and her team. You will see that one on my blog in detail tomorrow so I will share my " Dotty is 1" birthday card today.
Here she is;
The girls from Dotty's commissioned me to make this card. They wanted something tea related and pink for Rebecca. This digi is one of  Lili of the Valley's simply print images and was perfect. I even die cut a pink cup with a stripey saucer! The papers  were a great find in my ancient paper stash....

Yes surely "everything stops for tea" 😉

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Allsorts birthday it was also their birthday yesterday, but they were 8.. Dotty has some catching up to do!
Crafty Catz anything goes with a twist of more than 2 layers I have at last 5 on my card!
Creative Inspirations 3/3 anything goes
The Ribbon Girls 1/3 use any image

I am back tomorrow morning with my weekly Visible Image inspiration where I will share details of my other Dotty's birthday card.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and can I extend a very warm welcome to my newest followers. Thank you for joining me on my creative journey here at Jane's Journal.

The sun is up and I am heading out to the garden to sort out my summer pots.

Bye for now,

Jane x



10 comments:

  1. Awe happy birthday Dotty's! I love your card so apt!!!
    That vintage window display is fantastic!
    405 cards is amazing, well done you, your cards are fab, so no surprise really!!!
    Happy Sunday my dear, the weather isn't quite sure what to do here this morning....I do hope it makes the right choice!! ;)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely celebration, perfect decor and fun day. Your cards look amazing in the window and I can't believe it's a year since Dottys opened. Congrats on selling so many cards that's brilliant but I'm not surprised. Huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful and I loved looking at your pics, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quaint tearoom and your cards suit the shop so well. Congrats on selling 405 cards, I'm sure you will be well over a thousand at the second anniversary. Great post, thanks for sharing.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really bright and happy Birthday card Jane and just perfect for our 8th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. 405 cards!!!!!!!....OMG......it takes me all my time to make 4 or 5!!!! brilliant post...lovely photos ..thanks for sharing and of course a very lovely and apt card. long may Dotty's continue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing photos! Thank you so much for participating in our Birthday celebration at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this place and only wish that I could visit! What a wonderful setting for your beautiful cards!!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like great fun, your cards are very pretty, well done selling so many, thank you for joining us at crafty catz challenge and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x