Monday 29 May 2017

No regrets

Good Monday morning everyone,  I hope that those of you who are in the UK are enjoying a welcome bank holiday Monday? We enjoyed a wonderful family get together in Southampton yesterday when my son got to meet his nephew for the first time.

My garden is looking lush and green and my pots are already establishing themselves really well and showing off their first flowers. Here are some of the bedding plants I showed you last week..potted up.



We could even enjoy our G+T in the garden.


Tosday is also my Monday design team inspiration over at the Visible Image Facebook group and today and I sharing an inky card I made using all the stamps from the brilliant Universal background set available here

 together with the Take Chances sentiment available here

First I white embossed the star and swirl shapes from the set as a resist. I also stamped the sentiment in black. I then started adding distress inks...


I kept dabbing into the inks until I was happy with the base background
 I then blended in some extra ink.

Then I added more stamping using the remaining shapes from the Universal set.
and below is my finished card.


These are all the links for Visible Image

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you over there. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" folder where one randomly chose winner each month win a £25 coupon to spend on the website. There will also be a brand new themed challenge starting on Thursday...come and see what our 2nd theme is. There will be another £40 voucher up for grabs.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps can be found.

There is also some very exciting news.....there is a pre-launch sharing of the new stamps release on Facebook live at 8pm tonight over on the VI page...don't miss out...this new release is just awesome!




I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;


                                                      A Vintage Journey use a quote
Artistic Inspirations 1/3 anything goes
Crafting from the heart anything goes
We love to Create anything creative/mixed media

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave. Enjoy the new week ahead and let's hope that the sunshine remains.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x




6 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking lovely, the mix of sunshine and rain has worked wonderfully in bringing everything on. I even sat out on the decking steps for a couple of hours yesterday with Ken feeding me my pots so I could get them filled with bedding plants my neighbour had got for me.
    Love your card with all those swirly designs and great quote. Enjoy bank holiday Monday whatever you have planned xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true is that sentiment!!!!
    Your garden is looking lovely, we managed lunch in the garden on Sunday but the bank holiday was extremely wet!! It's not sure what to do today yet!!
    Happy Tuesday my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your distressing. Great job. Thank you for submitting with Artistic Inspirations. Vicki- DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are in your element creating these inky designs, Jane and that sentiment, as mentioned, is so true! A fab card again, with such depth created from all of your techniques.
    Glad you had a good Bank Holiday with family - we managed to get out on Sunday and went to Erddig Hall near Wrexham, we had dinner out and managed to walk over 16,000 steps, so worked it off too! 2 geocaches located and a play with some metal spoons when we got home too...intriguing, I know! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quote - so true. Great project, thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card thanks for joining us on Artistic Inspirations, Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x