Friday 14 July 2017

Fairies in the garden

I know they're not real but I like to pretend that fairies would enjoy playing among my pots of flowers in the garden. Perhaps they would hide in my petunia...

Sit under the roses or swing from the agapanthus?
 Perhaps they would tip toe round my tomatoes?
and then make a house under my pelagonia...with a leaf for the door?

Hmmmm
 So as I daydreamed about this and as I sat under my sun brolly I heard a rustle coming from the shrubs...I went over to investigate...perhaps it really was a fairy...

aha...no it was my sweet Billy who had made himself a nest in the shade.

So as I have no photos to show you of fairies I made a card instead using my Lavinia stamps showing where my fairy was hiding all along.

She has managed to find some shade under her dandelions. I made a hot summer background by blending distress inks.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Monday Distress it my whole background is distress inks
Stamping sensations 1/3 anything with flowers
Crafty Catz anything goes
Artistic Inspirations 2/3 anything goes/summer colours
The Cutie Pie Challenge 1/3  here come the girls


It's forecast to warm up here again over the weekend so no doubt Billy and the fairies will be seeking shade whist I bask in the welcome sunshine 😎

Have a lovely weekend and as always thanks for visiting.

Back on Monday with my weekly Visible Image inspiration.

Bye for now,

Jane (and Billy 😽) xx







14 comments:

  1. Well I think any self respecting fairy would be more than happy to live in your lovely garden!! I bet Billy knows a few secrets about your garden!!
    Gorgeous card as always my dear.
    Its absolutely throwing it down here, we went for a mountain walk this afternoon, it was lovely when we started but we got soaked to the skin, it was a case of straight through the door and into the shower!!
    Happy weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Billy pretending to be a fairy, he looks very comfortable in the dappled shade of the plants. Love your hot card too and the way you have applied the colours. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is looking very lush and green and I can see why Billy has made a shady nest there. Love the card.. I think faeries are fun, too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I have a fairy door which I quite often find ajar so surely they must exist!! Lol. Your garden looks lovely and inviting. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like an under-achiever, but feeling a bit of inspiration to make my garden better. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you mean, they don't exist? Of course they do, we have plenty living in our garden and I'm sure you do too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very pretty. Lovely background with all the blending of colors. The black stamping looks amazing here. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and Distress It with us! Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background you created and the little scene with the fairy, so cute!
    Thank you for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ, best of luck! Nick DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. That background sets this fairy off beautifully! Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane, long time no visit. Hope you are enjoying your summer so far! What a gorgeous card. I love the beautiful blended rainbow glow you created, what a gorgeous backdrop for your wonderful fairy and flowers!

    Oh your garden looks wonderful, so many beautiful flowers! Wouldn't it be wonderful if fairies were real and would visit the garden! (I would be happy with a hummingbird actually) lol. What a lovely little space to sit and enjoy. Sure looks like Billy enjoys it. lol. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, Jane! Beautiful silhouettes against that gorgeous background! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the background, fantastic blend of colours. Oh and Billy is better than any fairy according to my girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great card - thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x