Monday 3 July 2017

Splash into July

It's another marvellous Monday and I am here with my weekly Visible Image inspiration. We have a brand new challenge running for July over on Facebook and the theme is  "A splash of colour". As I have recently returned from my holiday in Portugal I took the theme literally and wanted to make a card with a seaside splash of colour.

There is nothing like the sea and a clear summer sky abroad...how blue is this?


I wanted to try to recreate the feel of a hot summer day by the sea. I chose a couple of summer blue distress inks and added them to my craft sheet. I sprayed a spritz of water and then dipped my card into the pools of inky blue dye until I had a created a sea splash/wave pattern I was happy with.

I knew just the image to use...the sea jumping Katie stamp from Tomorrow doesn't exist stamp set

I also wanted to add summer into the mix so I got out my Alphabetical set
and selected the stamps to spell summer...I couldn't resist using the # again too. I stamped and embossed my images and letters.

 Here is my finished card.
and a couple of close ups. The light reflects off the embossing and the inks give a feeling of the splash of colour in the sea.

  I hope you enjoy a wonderful summer and that you get the chance to smell the sea and feel the warmth of the sunshine on your skin....such a fabulous feeling.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Shopping our stash 1/3 lazy summer days
Simon says stamp Wednesday 2/5 Anything goes
Craft Heaven 1/3 summertime
Card Mania 1/3 summer fun
The Ribbon Girl Any card

We hope to see lots of you joining in with this month's "A splash of colour" challenge over on the Visible Image Facebook page.

These are all the Visible Image links;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely for you to join us.  You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month win a £25 coupon to spend on the website. Our themed challenge, "a Splash of colour" runs until 31st July. There is another £40 voucher up for grabs.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps can be purchased.

The sun has returned and it looks like we have a week of gorgeous blue skies to look forward to 😎.  I have lots of crafting to catch up with in my garden studio...outside with Billy and Mother Nature...just perfect. Enjoy the week. Thanks so much for stopping by and for all the very kind comments you take the time to leave me.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos from Portugal, and a great card that definitely hits the brief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blues in your photos are amazing and you created a fabulous inspiring card with the blue inks and jumping girl, just as if she's enjoying the surf. Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that blue....... both the sky and your card!!!
    Better here today but not wall to wall blue skies I'm afraid! I live in hope! :)
    Happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Jane! The background looks amazing and I love the tones of blue. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photos with the beautiful blue skies. Another great DT card for Visible Image.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. where was it that the castle like building was right on the sea? Great card! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is fantastic - I really love the back groud - looks just like water splashing!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Jane! The background you've created looks wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your #summer card!
    The background, the bold black against the blues - just gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Lazy Summer Days challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining in the lazy days challenge at shopping our stash. Perfect beachy summer card. I think you got the wave effect just right.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x