Friday 4 August 2017

Lunch in the London sky

Last Tuesday my Hb and I celebrated our 36th Wedding anniversary in London. We booked a table in the Fenchurch restuarant at the top of the Walkie Talkie building in the Sky Garden. Neither of us knew anyone who has eaten there so it was a fingers' crossed booking but boy were we delighted by what we found.
As promised I have sorted out my many photos and I am back to share them. This is a very photo heavy post so grab a cuppa.........
The building is so impressive as it looms up into the London sky. I love the old with the new...there are some wonderful new buildings in London.
Here she is climbing high.........
As my regular readers know London, the city where I was born and now live in the suburbs of,  is my favourite city in the whole world. My Hb works just a few minutes walk from the Walkie Talkie building but even on a day off loves to be there.
The lift whisked us up 32 floors to the sky garden and this view unfolded as we exited.
Wow!
We had IMO the best seat in the restaurant...perhaps us mentioning that we were celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary might have helped?
The gin menu (and the food) was superb
After our wonderful lunch we wandered around the Sky garden and took in the 365o view of London, looking beautiful beneath us
For those of you not familiar with the London skyline yes that's the Shard on the opposite side of the river on the far right and the bridge is Tower Bridge. HMS Belfast in in view too on the Thames.
Ifyou look at the 6th panel from the left below you can see the Tower of London.
We then took the lift back down and walked out into the sunshine. We enjoyed an hour just wandering and admiring the old with the new. My Hb is a great guide..spending every day there 😁 Below is the beautiful Victorian Leadenhall Market.
We gazed up at the Monument
and spotted the Sky Garden (top of the photo)from below.
My Hb also showed me the Lloyds Building, sometimes known as the inside out building as all the utiities are on the outside, including the lifts. It reminded me of cybermen in Doctor Who!

and here is the Gherkin, popping up behind a 12th century church. How cool is that... such a mix of the old and the new.
We decided to take a No 15 bus back to the station as it was such a hot day..and guess what came along...yes seriously an old route master bus. The No 15 route still runs some of the old buses as part of its fleet. If you read my blog regularly this will make you smile after our visit to Brooklands recently. If not do have a read here
We climbed the stairs
and yes sat on the back seat!
What a trip down memory lane this was and it really finished off our day perfectly.



To remember our wonderful day I wanted to make a Moment for Jane's Journal and I made a tag....I have written up a full step by step over on the Country View Crafts website today which you can read here if you are interested. I wanted it be a summary of our love story through time..yes I know that I am a hopeless romantic and include touches of the old London we saw.

I thought the sentiments I used summed up our day perfectly.


I wanted to mix the old with the new on my Moment ..my new oxide inks and my Paper dolls and my old Tim Holtz stamps...his love letter is the background stamping. I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

Noor UK anything goes
Frilly and Funkie read any good books recently? My tag is inspired by a recent love story I read; The Time Travellers wife, I like to think that we could time travel and my Hb and I could "meet" at all sorts of time of our lives ;0) 
The artistic stamper 1/3 anything goes
Die cut Divas 1/4 anything goes The little house behind the couple is a Sixxiz die cut

Thanks for stopping by and sharing my creative journey, it's always fun to see you all here. My giveaway is still running, details in my side bar.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

17 comments:

  1. what a great view that is! I too, love the mix of old and new buildings in London; it makes for some fabulous photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFS your fabulous photos and your day in London. It's one of my favourite cities too, so much to see and we've been lucky enough to visit many times, including a special trip to celebrate my last 'big' birthday. My husband has run the London marathon nine times over the years, and we always combine it with few days in London. The last time was when the Shaun the Sheep trail was on and my daughter and I walked miles to find all 50 Shauns. We discovered many places in London we'd never been to before. What a treat to ride on the old bus! I remember them well, although where I live, they were green. Love your tag to remind you of your special day. Happy belated anniversary! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post and photos Jane!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe what a lovely reminder of a great day!!
    Isn't it wonderful the mix of the old and new buildings! What an amazing place to dine, the views are fabulous...I do love that part of London, must really get back soon!
    Happy weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *A*N*N*I*V*E*R*S*A*R*Y*!*!* Jane! What a fabulous day you both had! It looks like you had a great time in a new spot. I loved all your old and new architecture photos. You know how I love seeing your London as I have never been across the pond to see the land of my ancestors. Love the tag! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, your photos are breathtaking! And so is your wonderful tag you made to celebrate your special day! Congrats on your anniversary! Thank you for sharing your lovely artwork at Frilly and Funkie and for participating in my Read Any Good Books Lately? challenge. I really appreciate you letting us know what book you were inspired by! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! It looks like you had a wonderful day. I like all the hearts on your tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and rich post dear Jane!
    You are a wonderful guide yourself and I really enjoyed following you through London!
    You've carried the theme of the old and the new to your moment beautifully. Well done you and congrats on 36 years of mariage!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations you lucky lady!! What a view. I want to go back to England so badly I could spit!!! Loved your pictures. You sure are collecting beautiful moments!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful tag to remember. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW congrats on your anniversary. That's amazing these days!! What a stunning tag and amazing pics too! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Noor! Design UK "Anything Goes" challenge. My personal favorite. LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a beautiful time in London with a great dinner. happy belated anniversary! A friend of mine visited London and had her anniversary dinner(30) at the same restaurant. Great tag with a sweet picture of people getting married,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Jane,

    So very wonderful place to make celebrate your special day! Those views are simply amazing, thank you for capturing these for us. Here's to next 36 happy years!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much inky goodness! I love all the layering and the wonderful sentiment, too. You beautifully captured your very lovely day on this tag! Thanks so much for joining the fun at the Frilly and Funkie "Read Any Good Books Lately" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great tag and you lunch view was wonderful! Thanks for sharing it with us and joining the Die Cut Diva's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Jane, your trip around the City took me back to my days in London. It truly is a wonderful place, so steeped in history, especially if you know where to look. And your tag is a beautiful commemoration of the book and your day. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A Fabulous creation. THank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x