Monday 19 March 2018

My Pisces daughter

It's my daughter's birthday tomorrow and she has strict instructions not to read my blog today as I am sharing the birthday card I made for her for my weekly Visible Image Design Team inspiration .

She recently moved to the seaside and although the weather has not yet warmed enough for playing on the beach we can't wait until we can.
The views are so beautiful at any time of the day. These photos were taken last year.

and there is a local tea shop for tea and cake
There is nothing better than gazing out across the sea.
The photo I took below shows my DD and Daisy wrapped up warmly 2 weekends ago.
I knew that her first birthday card in her new home should feature the sea in some form. I also wanted to link in the Pisces theme as she was born the last "day" for Pisces.
She love mermaids and seahorses, as I do and I although Visible Image have a fab new seahorse stamp but not a mermaid I had an idea.....
I would use my "Katie" from the Tomorrow doesn't exist set and turn her into a mermaid..yes seriously..bear with me!
These were the other stamp sets I used;
Make a wish from Own it set
Pisces from the zodiac sets
the seahorse
the wings from the angels are near set

and the strobes stencil

So this is what I came up with...
The background was created using salty ocean, broken china and fossilized amber distress oxides, using the wrinkle free technique. I added some sun rays using the rays stencil and gold ink.

I stamped the seahorse and added some white highlights and to make him even more magical I added a wing from the angels are near set. This I gold embossed on black card and fussy cut out.  I love the way the gold rays from the stencil shine through him.
To add some sparkle  and "magic" I used glitter gold embossing powder and stamps from the universal set.
To make my "mermaid" I stamped "Katie" from the Live like tomorrow doesn't exist set but positioned the stamp so that the leg didn't appear. I embossed her in white with a pinch of gold powder too.
I was also able to just use the date from the Pisces set as this is my girl's actual birth date, 20 March.
I stamped and fussy cut lots of fish and had them swimming in and out of the swirls and also between my "mermaid's" hands.
A couple more close ups...

and one last shot
So a very happy birthday tomorrow to my darling girlie. I hope she likes her special seaside Pisces card.
It's supposed to be the first day of spring tomorrow too...hmmm I think Mother Nature got a bit confused at the weekend!
Yes the Beast came back with yet more snow!
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Penny black and More 2/3 feature a creature
The Artistic stamper 2/3 stencils and masks
Get Creative 2/3 fantasy
Creative artiste 1/3 anything mixed media
Craft stamper take it make it March anything stamping goes
Cute card Thursday 1/3 celebrate
Sweet stampin 1/3 use up your paper scraps I certainly used lots making my little fish!

You can check out Visible Image via these links;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:



and


Thanks for stopping by and for all your very kind comments you take the time to leave me. Let's hope this mini beast from the East moves on soon. Happy 1st day of Spring tomorrow.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jane and as ever your imagination with your ideas is wonderful! I bet your daughter will be thrilled to receive this card.How nice to be near the sea!Happy Birthday to her! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card....and such a clever mermaid too!! :)
    What a lovely place to live, wishing M a very happy birthday for tomorrow!!
    Still a bit chilly here but beautifully sunny and very springlike, I actually got some gardening done today...thankfully the snow passed us by this time!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your fabulous daughter! The card you made for her is a real treasure, I hope she frames it as it's worthy of being art on the wall. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Emily! Hope you have a wonderful day - wishing you many happy returns xx
    Love the pretty, inky card you made, Jane. I really like the look of the Distress Oxides and they are on my crafty wish list...when I have the funds...but for now, I'll just have to make do with taking inspiration from your wonderful creations...hardship?!
    I wish Spring would hurry up and get a move on, although there are no signs of it arriving just yet...everyone I speak to keeps threatening more snow...and we're almost in April?! At least the days are getting longer, so that's a bonus! Have a terrific Tuesday and best wishes to all of you, especially the birthday girl! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very arty creation for our 'Feature a Creature' theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a wonderful thing to live near the beach! The sounds alone would keep me smiling! So odd that you're still getting snow and we haven't had a single flake! Gorgeous card. Love that seahorse stamp! Beautiful colours and the metallic accents are beautiful. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww, such a fab card! Great theme too. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card. Gorgeous background and super textures.
    Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation. Your girl image looks just right for a mermaid! Thanks for sharing with us at Get Creative Challenges.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wonderful card and great design!Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x